Alacrity is a well funded early-stage startup founded by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals. Our mission is to create technologies which enhance the relationship between corporates and law firms to improve service delivery, reduce costs and manage relationships more efficiently. The legal industry is changing rapidly and we’re excited to help.
This is a remote-first opportunity with the option to work from our London - Moorgate office.
We're looking for a mid-level frontend engineer to build high-quality, well-tested, and robust web application. You will have a chance to get involved in the application architecture decisions as well as product design. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, collaborative, passionate, open to new ideas as well as happy to mentor others.
- You get your kicks from getting things done and deployed to users.
- You honor your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code, and continuous deployment.
- You understand that documentation is doing your future self a favor and you love helping yourself.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
- You are in a timezone with a maximum difference of 3 hours from UK
The Recruitment Process
- Send us your application.
- Have a 20-minute initial call. This interview is non-technical in nature.
- Solve a small offline exercise at your convenience.
- Have a technical interview with Alacrity’s engineers discussing your exercise and other technical aspects related to your job.
- Have an interview with our CTO and chat about your ambitions and motivations.
- Have a final chat with our CEO.
- GraphQL with Apollo
- ReactJS with Apollo
- Relaxed, multi-stage environment at Moorgate’s WeWork.
- Clear and well-spec’ed tasks so there is no ambiguity.
- Very light on meetings other than daily standup and weekly planning.
- Work from home, this is a remote opportunity.
- Regular company meetups.
- All the books you can read.
- Yearly budget for conferences, training, subscriptions etc.
- Paid annual leave as a remote worker.
- Your own high-spec laptop.
- Genuine product involvement.
- Contributory pension (for UK based employees).
- State of the art office space.
- All of WeWork benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.